- Latest additions
- 2016 Reviews
- All Reviews
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- Aussie authors read in 2016 & 2015
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- 2015 Reviews
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
22 February 2014
Review: BRUNO and LE PERE NOEL: a Christmas Short Story, Martin Walker
Read on my Kindle
An e-story published by Quercus 2012
A delightful "feel good" short story set in St. Denis.
A Lebanese Christian Miriam and her young son Richard have recently moved to St. Denis. Richard has already joined Bruno's rugby squad and Miriam sings at the church. Their background is a mystery to most, but Miriam carries a sadness with her. Bruno learns that her husband is a prisoner on parole who has recently absconded from his job.
It is a couple of days before Christmas and Jean-Pierre Bonnevale makes a rather dramatic entrance when he steals a small charity collection.
The whole scenario gives Bruno the chance to play Father Christmas in more ways than one.
If you have met Bruno yet, I can't recommend these stories enough.