- Latest additions
- 2017 Reviews
- 2017 Reading Challenges Update
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge
- All Reviews
- All Reviews - from May 2017
- Authors A-Z
- Aussie authors read in 2017 - 2015
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Reviews
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- 2015 Reviews
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
6 August 2016
Review: THE GROWN UP, Gillian Flynn
This is a rather quirky Kindle single.
What does a sex worker do when she gets RSI? Nerdy has worked out that in three years she has given 23,546 hand jobs. But she still needs to earn a living, so she turns to reading auras and generally providing advice. For this she needs zero training. In fact most of her clients will be only too willing to talk her about their problems. Many of the women who visit her are desperate but don't have enough money to visit a real therapist.
And that is how she meets Susan Burke. She judges Susan as nervous, rich, but lacking in confidence, and definitely in need of her help. Susan has a problem with her stepson. Nerdy and Susan become quite close, but then things don't follow the path Nerdy expects.
Rather an amusing read.
My rating: 4.2