Mostly the challenges that I follow help me direct my reading. As such, some will not provide a challenge, simply indicate how well I am doing.
Some of the challenges are external to this blog while others are hosted here or on a blog that I manage.
In practical terms I do allow some challenges to overlap, that is, most books will appear in more than one challenge.
In addition many of the challenges are simply continuations of challenges I took on last year.
NB: This page is a work in progress
Last updated 28 May 2017
- 2017 Good Reads Reading Challenge. I have set my challenge at 130. Currently: 46
- Agatha Christie Reading Challenge Completed in 2014, titles read in 2017: 4
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge currently 17/21
- USA Fiction Challenge So far 21/51, this year: 7
- 2017 Aussie Author Reading Challenge: aiming for 20: currently 9
- 2017 Australian Women Writers Challenge: aiming for 20. Currently 3
- British Books Challenge 2017 currently 17
- Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt currently xx
- 2016 Ebook Reading Challenge currently 12
- New to me authors - a personal challenge currently 19
- Not crime fiction - a personal challenge currently 1
- Nordic reading challenge - a personal challenge unless I find an "official" one, currently 3
- New Zealand reading challenge - again a personal challenge unless I can find someone hosting an "official" one. currently 2
- Translated crime fiction - a personal challenge that will overlap with many of the other reading challenges that I have undertaken. currently 4
- Snagged at the Library currently: 24
- Audio books: currently: 5
- 2016 Mt TBR reading challenge. currently: 0 (Aiming for 12 at least)
- 2017 Historical Reading Challenge. Currently: 15
- Crime Fiction of the Year Challenge @ Past Offences - a monthly challenge. Each month features a particular year of publication: Currently: 3