I felt guilty also because I didn't get to read all last week's postings, nor did I get to comment on many of them.
Well done to everyone who is hanging in there and managing to post every week. Sometimes the volume of traffic feels quite overwhelming, but it is great to see what you are reading and what you've been up to. I pick up many ideas from all of you, and I hope I am contributing to you too.
This week I have passed the 300th posting milestone as well as passed 13,500 visitors.
- Super Commenter Award
Many thanks to Marg who gave me this award. I have handed the award out to 7 people who regularly comment on my blog.
- Voting Open at BBAW
Voting is open on the shortlists for Book Blogger Appreciation Week. My blog didn't make the short list but I know a few who did. Dewey has been shortlisted for both Weekly Geeks and The Hidden Side of the Leaf. Voting will go on for the next 5 days. Awards will be announced on September 18.
- Review: WHEN WILL THERE BE GOOD NEWS?, Kate Atkinson
- Forgotten Books: THE DAUGHTER OF TIME, Josephine Tey
Do you remember reading this? Were the Princes in the Tower murdered by Richard Crookback?
- Ruth Rendell Slide Show
One of my favourite authors reveals more about herself.
- Review: VINCENZO'S GARDEN, John Clanchy
- Meeting up at Melbourne Writers Festival (MWF)
That's where I was last weekend. Meeting up with friends, acquiring new books to read, and listening to authors, both new-to-me and favourites.
- Review: BOMBPROOF, Michael Robotham
- Michael Robotham wins Ned Kelly!
And a well deserved award for a talented writer.
- Review: THE FORGOTTEN GARDEN, Kate Morton
- Book Blogger Appreciation Week Nominations Open
- Michael Robotham in Paradise
- Weekly Geeks #14: Pictures of books
- Forgotten Books: THE DOUBLE IMAGE, Helen MacInnes
- Review: BENEATH THE BLEEDING, Val McDermid
- now - WHERE ARE YOU NOW?, Mary Higgins Clark
- next - DEAD MAN'S FOOTSTEPS, Peter James
- audio book - MY LADY JUDGE, Cora Harrison
I'm now up to 69. If you write a crime fiction blog and I'm not watching yours, leave a comment to let me know.
New feature: Blog Follower
Blogger has a new gadget. I'm not sure how it works. By the time I became aware of it, I already had one follower (not at all sure how that worked). You are welcome to join in. Locate the little block in the right hand side bar. I'm not sure whether you have to be a subscriber to Blogger. Perhaps you could try it out and let me know.
Blogger still thinks this blog is Spam.
If you've been reading my blog for a few weeks you'll know that about 2 months ago a robotic error decided that my blog, and thousands of others, were spammers. I never lost the ability to create posts, but I still have a very annoying "word verification" anti-spam tool happening. Sometimes the "word" is really unreadable, in a dreadful font, and also I think it times out, so I sometimes have to try 3 times before I get it done. Along with that the auto save has been turned off so I live in constant fear of losing my posting.
Every week I complete the request for this to be turned off, but so far this has fallen on deaf ears. If any one knows how to converse with a "real human" about my problem, I'd be glad of a tip.