I spent some time in a plane this week, so got a little more reading done.
The downside has been the head/chest cold I've been fighting off.
- Review: WHERE ARE YOU NOW? Mary Higgins Clark
One of those books that almost tells you everything on the blurb. A solid but not very challenging read.
- Review: DEAD MAN'S FOOTSTEPS, Peter James
#4 in the Roy Grace series. I've read them all and this posting has the review of the latest and also mini-reviews of the earlier ones. If you've never read any, then here is a British police procedural series to get your teeth into.
- Write an opening line/paragraph
A bit of fun for you to try. Write the opening paragraph or opening line for the picture supplied.
- Forgotten Books: DON'T LOOK NOW - Daphne du Maurier
Another of those authors who shaped my tastes in reading.
- Given the date, 9/11
Ever thought about the impact of 9/11 on fiction? What books have you read that mention 9/11, 2001?
- Sharing the Passion
This posting contains embedded links to some Miss Marple snippets on YouTube. There was no way Margaret Rutherford ever resembled Agatha Christie's description of Miss Marple, but she was a hoot. There is also a clip from The Body in the Library with Joan Hickson, and from Nemesis with Geraldine McEwen. Also an interview with Joan Hickson on the occasion of Agatha Christie's 100th birthday.
Book Blogger Appreciation Week. (Sept 15-19)
Give your favourite book bloggers a thrill - leave a comment!
- Prime Minister's Literary Awards: THE ZOOKEEPER'S WAR, and OCHRE AND RUST
- Rankin Open Doors without Rebus
- Steve Tolz on Man Booker Short List
- JK Rowling wins copyright court case
- now - ROCK & ROLL HOMICIDE - R.J. McDonnell
- next - VOODOO DOLL, Leah Giarratano
- audio book - MY LADY JUDGE, Cora Harrison