- Latest additions
- 2017 Reviews
- 2017 Reading Challenges Update
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge
- All Reviews
- All Reviews - from May 2017
- Authors A-Z
- Aussie authors read in 2017 - 2015
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Reviews
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- 2015 Reviews
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
29 June 2010
The Murder at the Vicarage - wonderful cover
I came across it on A Day without Rain, which is a journal from Greenway House.
It is a cover by Tom Adams about whom Wikipedia told me
Tom Adams (born 1926) is an American illustrator most famous for his Agatha Christie paperback cover designs.
Check Tom Adams' website at Tom Adams Uncovered, browse the gallery. There's a great cover there for DEATH IN THE CLOUDS, and another for HALLOWEEN PARTY.
The site tells us
The Agatha Christie covers painted by Tom Adams constitute probably the most famous examples of paperback art ever produced. First published in the sixties, seventies and eighties in the UK by Fontana and in the USA by Pocket Books, they have been reproduced throughout the world by many other publishers.
There's a collection of 110 of his covers on Flickr, courtesy of The Woman in the Woods. They are not all Agatha Christie - there are some Joan Fleming ones too.
There will be some there you are familiar with, but quite a number that I've never seen before. Prepare to be amazed at his creativity and daring.