I'm rather pleased with my card "manipulation" using Gimp though.
* All books must be from the mystery category (crime fiction, detective fiction, espionage, etc.). The mystery/crime must be the primary feature of the book--ghost stories, paranormal, romance, humor, etc are all welcome as ingredients, but must not be the primary category under which these books would be labeled at the library or bookstore.
*Challengers may play either the Silver Age or Golden Age Card—or both.
*BINGOS may be claimed by completing all spaces in a row--horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. You may also claim a “Four Corner” BINGO by reading a book for each of the four corners plus two more spaces—any two. A valid BINGO must have six complete spaces.
This post will be my record for the challenge and I aim to update it as I read and review the books.
Golden Vintage - books written before 1960
- THE LATE MONSIEUR GALLET, Georges Simenon, published 1931 - one translated work
- THE NURSING HOME MURDER, Ngaio Marsh, published 1937 - One Medical Mystery
- MURDER IN THE MEWS, Agatha Christie, published 1937 - a short story collection
- DEATH OF A SWAGMAN, Arthur Upfield, published 1945 - a man in the title
- 4.4, THIRD GIRL, Agatha Christie published 1966 - book with a Woman in the title
- 3.9, A HANK OF HAIR, Charlotte Jay, published 1964 - by an author with a pseudonym
- 4.4, ENDLESS NIGHT, Agatha Christie, published 1967 - has been made into a movie
- 4.5, BY THE PRICKING OF MY THUMBS, Agatha Christie, published 1968 - a detective team
- 4.5, ARMS FOR ADONIS, Charlotte Jay, published 1961 - set anywhere except USA or UK