I'm aiming initially at Kangaroo (12 titles) but the reality is that I will read many more than that.
- Read and review 12 titles written by Australian Authors of which at least 4 of those authors are female, at least 4 of those authors are male, and at least 4 of those authors are new to you;
- At least 6 fiction and at least 2 non-fiction, and at least 3 titles first published in 2013 or 2014.
Completing this challenge actually involved a bit more reading than I had thought at first.
The challenge required 12 titles and initially I thought it would take no time at all, and then I realised that I couldn't just use any old 12 Australia titles - there were criteria, although some of them could overlap.
Today I am able to claim completion although I will continue reading Australian authors.
Currently: 28- Completed.
- 4.4, DEATH OF A SWAGMAN, Arthur Upfield -M
- 3.9, HANK OF HAIR, Charlotte Jay -F
- 4.5, ARMS FOR ADONIS, Charlotte Jay -F
- 4.5, THE DYING BEACH, Angela Savage -F
- 4.5, THE DONOR, Helen Fitzgerald -F, 2013
- 4.3, THIN BLOOD, Vicki Tyley - F, New to me
- 4.7, I CAME TO SAY GOODBYE, Caroline Overington - F, 2013
- 4.7, GETTING WARMER, Alan Carter -M, 2014
- 4.4, DRIVE BY, Michael Duffy - M, New to me, 2013
- 4.8, FATAL IMPACT, Kathryn Fox - F, 2014
- 4.4, DEATH BY BEAUTY, Gabrielle Lord - F,
- 4.5, BLOOD SECRET, Jaye Ford - F, 2013
- 4.8, PRESENT DARKNESS, Malla Nunn - F, 2014
- 4.9, ST KILDA BLUES - Geoffrey McGeachin - M, 2014
- 4.5, SILENT KILL, Peter Corris - M, 2014
- 4.6, ELEMENTAL, Amanda Curtin - F, new to me, 2013
- 4.6, FALLING GLASS, Adrian McKinty - M, 2011
- 5.0, LIFE OR DEATH, Michael Robotham - M, 2014
- 3.5, THE CARTOGRAPHER, Peter Twohig - M, 2011
- 4.7, THE LOST GIRLS, Wendy James - F
- 4.4, DANGEROUS LIAISON, Vicki Tyley - F, 2014
- 4.9, IN THE MORNING I'LL BE GONE, Adrian McKinty - M, 2014
- 4.5, QUICK, Steve Worland - M, New-to-me, 2014
- 4.7, ALREADY DEAD, Jaye Ford - F, 2014
- 4.5, CAN YOU KEEP A SECRET?, Caroline Overington - F, 2014
- 4.5, MOTHERS WHO MURDER, Xanthe Mallett -F, 2014, non-fiction
- 4.7, THE NARROW ROAD TO THE DEEP NORTH - Richard Flanagan - M, 2013, Not crime fiction/partly non-fiction
- 4.3, A FATAL TIDE, Steve Sailah - new to me