That is just over a quarter of the books I have read.
(My guess is that somewhere in the dim past I may have read a book by some of them like Georgette Heyer)
Some of them are the result of looking for books that fit the description vintage, but a large number are recent publications.
There are twelve on my list for July-September this year. Most of them are what I would call middling reads with a couple of stand-outs.
- 4.0, DEATH-WATCH, John Dickson-Carr
- 3.9, THE CIRCULAR STAIRCASE, Mary Roberts Rinehart
- 3.7, THE FOOTPRINTS ON THE CEILING, Clayton Rawson
- 4.7, ELIZABETH IS MISSING, Emma Healey
- 4.2, MURDER IN THE MONASTERY, Lesley Cookman
- 4.8, HOLY ORDERS, Benjamin Black
- 3.5, THE CARTOGRAPHER, Peter Twohig
- 4.4, BUNDORI, Laura Joh Rowland
- 3.8, A BLUNT INSTRUMENT, Georgette Heyer
- 3.9, THE WALLS OF JERICHO, Jack Bunyan
- 4.6, THE MURDER BAG, Tony Parsons
- 4.5, QUICK, Steve Worland
Don't forget to check what others have been reading - see yesterday's post.