- Latest additions
- 2018 Reading Challenges
- 2018 Reviews
- Aussie authors read in 2018 - 2015
- Authors A-Z
- 2017 Reviews
- 2017 Reading Challenges Update
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge
- All Reviews
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Reviews
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- 2015 Reviews
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
26 December 2017
Review: MURDER FROM THE NEWSDESK, Peter Bartram
This book consists of 7 Crampton of the Chronicle mystery stories, cozies set in Brighton in the 1960s.
The Mystery of the African Charity
The Mystery of the Two Suitcases
The Mystery of the Single Red Sock
The Mystery of the Beauregard Hotel
The Mystery of the Precious Princess
The Mystery of the Clothes on the Beach
The Mystery of the Phantom Santa
If you are looking for a quick but satisfying read, this may suit.
The longest story is the first one which dates from Colin Crampton’s early days at the Chronicle. A friend of his landlady becomes worried when a nephew she rarely sees requests her to donate her dead husband’s clothes to charity and follows up by asking if he can store clothes in her spare room.
Each of the stories gives Crampton a scoop for the newspaper.
All very readable.
My Rating: 4.4