- Latest additions
- 2017 Reviews
- 2017 Reading Challenges Update
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge
- All Reviews
- Authors A-Z
- Aussie authors read in 2017 - 2015
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Reviews
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- 2015 Reviews
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
25 November 2008
CORDUROY MANSIONS, Alexander McCall Smith
I've been listening to CORDUROY MANSIONS for 10 weeks now.
It is not a mystery or crime fiction, rather an exploration of the lives and interactions of the people in a fairly middle class London area.
In fact, the 2 minute video above explores Pimlico which is where the novel is set.
There's a lot of information on the daily Telegraph website about the novel which is due to have 100 chapters and won't be finished until February 13. You can read online, listen online, get a daily podcast for iTunes, get a daily chapter by email or an RSS feed.
So far each of the episodes, read online by Andrew Sachs, goes for somewhere between 7 to 8 minutes.