- Choose a writer you like.
- Using resources such as Wikipedia, the author’s website, whatever you can find, make a list of interesting facts about the author.
- Post your fun facts list in your blog, maybe with a photo of the writer, a collage of his or her books, whatever you want.
- Come sign the Mr Linky below with the url to your fun facts post.
- As you run into (or deliberately seek out) other Weekly Geeks’ lists, add links to your post for authors you like or authors you think your readers are interested in.
You'll find references to Michael littering this blog because he is just one of my favourite authors. The photo in the collage is one my husband took of Michael and me (and then I cropped me out) and the rest of the collage shows you the titles to look for.
Michael is one of those crime fiction authors whom it is a pleasure to hear speak, and it's a pleasure that I've had a few times. He is a born story teller and just can't help himself, he has so much to say.
If you ever get the chance at a book festival or wherever, do take it, and tell him Kerrie sent you.
Wherever you are in the world there is really no excuse for not looking for a Michael Robotham title, you'll find them on Amazon US, Amazon UK, and the Book Depository will send his titles anywhere in the world free of charge.
SHATTER has been my top read for this year, but I actually recommend that you read them in order, so that you also realise how the characters relate to each other. BOMBPROOF was commissioned from Michael Robotham as part of Australia's Books Alive promotion for which Robotham is the "ambassador". SHATTER was recently shortlisted for the ITV3 Crime Fiction Awards.
Michael has two nearly identical websites
His Australian one: http://www.michaelrobotham.com/aus/index.htm
His British one: http://www.michaelrobotham.com/uk/index.htm
Lots to read on them, a mailing list to join, newsletter and some FAQs to read.
If you've read a Robotham then tell me about it in your comment. If you read one in the future, please remember to come back here and let me know.