It would be a very rare day that I would not spend at least half an hour, but it varies from day to day, with much longer times on the weekend. The need to read seems to be part of my sense of well being.
Various bloggers throughout the year have asked "why do you read fiction?"
There is no correct answer!
Here are some of the suggestions:
- it helps you understand problems.
- it challenges your thinking or gives you new ideas to think about.
- you can escape the problems in your life.
- you enjoy the puzzles.
- you get caught up in the plot of a good book.
- you enjoy meeting new characters and being part of their world for a while.
- at the end of the day reading becomes a form of relaxation.
And while you are here on my blog, look for the poll in the right hand column.
Work out how long you spent reading novels last week and how long, on average, you spend on reading for pleasure.
Your choices: >15 hours, 10-15 hours, 5-9 hours, <5 hours.