10 April 2011

Completed: British Books Challenge 2011

Among the 15 or so reading challenges I've "accepted" for 2011 is the British Books Challenge being hosted at The Bookette.

The terms of the challenge for International Friend
    For any wonderful bloggers living overseas who wish to support British writers. 
    You can choose between: 
  • Winston Churchill - Read 6 books by British authors in 2011
  • The Royal Family - Read 12 books by British authors in 2011
    There will also be the chance to earn yourselves a Crown if you manage to read 50 books by British writers in the year. This is open to everyone because I want to give special treats to people who love to support British talent. You don't need to decide now if you are aiming to meet this target. I'll post about this much later in 2011.
I imposed an extra rule on myself: all the books had to be crime fiction and all by different authors.

Yesterday with the completion of RELICS OF THE DEAD by Ariana Franklin I reached Royal Family level.
Here is what I've read:
  1. 4.6, RELICS OF THE DEAD, Ariana Franklin
  2. 4.5, A NEW LEASE OF DEATH, Ruth Rendell
  3. 4.6, THE JANUS STONE, Elly Griffiths 
  4. 4.0, LATE, LATE IN THE EVENING, Gladys Mitchell
  5. 4.3, MURDER IN PARADISE, Ann Cleeves 
  6. 4.7, WHERE MEMORIES LIE, Deborah Crombie - see review for note about inclusion on this list
  7. 3.8, MONSIEUR PAMPLEMOUSSE TAKES THE CURE, Michael Bond
  8. 4.4, FATAL QUEST: WOODEND'S FIRST CASE, Sally Spencer
  9. 4.5, OUR LADY OF PAIN, Elena Forbes
  10. 4.5, DUMB WITNESS, Agatha Christie
  11. 4.4, A COTSWOLD KILLING, Rebecca Tope 
  12. 4.5, RAILWAY TO THE GRAVE, Edward Marston 
Now that I've got here so early in the year I might see if I can get a Crown by reading 50 books by British authors in the year. I have certainly got enough on my TBRs to get close to that, but for the remainder of the list, although I'll stick to crime fiction, I'll allow myself to count books by the same author. (e.g. all the Agatha Christies I read from now on will count etc). I think I'll need to do that to get to 50 as that would be over 25% of my anticipated reading total for the year (and I've got a lot of other reading on my plate)

I'll continue to keep my records on my Reading Challenges Update and to tag them with .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done, Kerrie!! :-) You are certainly doing very well with your challenges this year.

bermudaonion said...

Way to go!

Bernadette said...

A great selection of books indeed. Well done. I seem to have slipped a bit with my challenges over the last few weeks....oh well it's only April

Jose Ignacio Escribano said...

Well done Kerrie. Congratulations.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin