The terms of the challenge for International Friend
- For any wonderful bloggers living overseas who wish to support British writers.
- You can choose between:
- Winston Churchill - Read 6 books by British authors in 2011
- The Royal Family - Read 12 books by British authors in 2011
- There will also be the chance to earn yourselves a Crown if you manage to read 50 books by British writers in the year. This is open to everyone because I want to give special treats to people who love to support British talent. You don't need to decide now if you are aiming to meet this target. I'll post about this much later in 2011.
Yesterday with the completion of RELICS OF THE DEAD by Ariana Franklin I reached Royal Family level.
Here is what I've read:
- 4.6, RELICS OF THE DEAD, Ariana Franklin
- 4.5, A NEW LEASE OF DEATH, Ruth Rendell
- 4.6, THE JANUS STONE, Elly Griffiths
- 4.0, LATE, LATE IN THE EVENING, Gladys Mitchell
- 4.3, MURDER IN PARADISE, Ann Cleeves
- 4.7, WHERE MEMORIES LIE, Deborah Crombie - see review for note about inclusion on this list
- 3.8, MONSIEUR PAMPLEMOUSSE TAKES THE CURE, Michael Bond
- 4.4, FATAL QUEST: WOODEND'S FIRST CASE, Sally Spencer
- 4.5, OUR LADY OF PAIN, Elena Forbes
- 4.5, DUMB WITNESS, Agatha Christie
I'll continue to keep my records on my Reading Challenges Update and to tag them with British Books Challenge.