Just thought I'd post a gentle reminder (in the title) to my northern hemisphere cobbers that when a new season starts where you are, it does here too, but diametrically opposite.
The best thing about today was the end of daylight saving, the fact that I not only got an extra hour in bed, but also the fact that tomorrow, a work day, it won't still be dark when I get up. Sure, I'll miss the longer days, but I can live with that.
The weather in good ol' Adelaide this time of the year is beautiful. Nice warm sunny days that are the best in the world.
This week I completed another excellent month of reading and blogged about it here, uploaded my 400th book review, THE JANUS STONE, Elly Griffiths, and over on Fair Dinkum Crime we began a series of interviews of Aussie authors called Fair Dinkum Crime Baker's Dozen. Our first interview was with West Australian author Felicity Young.
You might like to take look at the new widget I uploaded to the right hand column of my blog. Smik's Crime Fiction Daily is generated from Twitter posts by myslef and 165 people I follow. Clicking on the widget will take you out to the Daily itself.
At the beginning of December I added another widget, Revolvr Map, which you'll find half way down the right hand column. It says that my blog has has 26,500 clicks in 4 months.
- now: COLD JUSTICE, Katherine Howell
- next: A GRAVE IN THE COTSWOLDS, Rebecca Tope
- then - THE FACILITY, Simon Lelic
- next on Kindle - RELICS OF THE DEAD, Ariana Franklin
- now on audio - DEATH AT THE PRESIDENT'S LODGING, Michael Innes
- current Agatha Christie - AND THEN THERE WERE NONE
- Forgotten Book: ANGEL HUNT, Mike Ripley
- Canadian Book Challenge 2010-2011 Update, 30 March...
- Review: THE SERPENT and THE SCORPION, Clare Langle...
- Crime Fiction Alphabet 2011 - Letter L - week beginning March 28, 2011
- Weekly Geeks 2011-12: best books so far in 2011: crime fiction
- Review: THE DEVOTION OF SUSPECT X, Keigo Higashino
- Spinetingler Award Nominees 2011
- 2011 Derringer Awards
- Rick Mofina draws on real cases
- Finalists for Man Booker award
- Dymocks top 101 books topped by THE GIRL WHO...
- Australian Shaun Tan wins ALMA Award, the Astrid Lindgren Memorial Award
- collection of Iain Rowan's best short crime stories: NOWHERE TO GO
- HRF Keating dies at 84
- Tomorrow the Crime Fiction Alphabet moves onto the letter M.
It is never too late to join in this one so check it out. There is a cohort of about 15 crime fiction bloggers contributing some great suggestions to add to your TBR.
- The Book Review Blog Carnival publishes another edition later today, and the mystery and crime fiction carnival posts another edition tomorrow. I should have items in both.