I've persisted in taking on reading challenges because I believe they give me some points of comparison from year, some sense of direction, and prevent me from focussing just on one form of the genre. I do vary the challenges from year to year.
So how am I going this year? Pretty well actually, although there are some like the Global Reading Challenge, New Zealand authors, and "not crime fiction" that need a bit of specific attention.
The reading challenges I've joined
- Agatha Christie Reading Challenge - ongoing - 8 /12 this year
- 2012 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge: aiming for 166+ currently: 80
- 2012 e-book challenge currently 41/75
- Nordic Challenge 2012 currently 13/20
- Aussie Author Challenge 12/12 - completed - but aiming for 20
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge currently 11/21
- Canadian Book Challenge 2011-2012 13/13 - completed
- Canadian Book Challenge 2012-2013 - 0/13
- Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge 8/16
- Historical Fiction Challenge at Historical Tapestry 13/10- completed - have decided to go to 20 books.
- British Books Challenge 35/12- completed, now just tracking
- American authors: currently 11/20
- translated, currently 13/20
- New Zealand, currently 0/4
- new to me: currently 29 - last year 60
- not crime fiction: currently 0
So how are your reading challenges going?