3 May 2013

Forgotten Book: THROUGH THE WALL, Patricia Wentworth

My plan this year for my contributions to Friday's Forgotten Books hosted by Pattinase is to feature books I read 20 years ago - in 1993- from the records I have in my "little green book", which I started in 1975.
In 1993 I read 111 books and was pretty well addicted to crime fiction by then.

This week, twenty years ago, I had just finished #19 in Patricia Wentworth's Miss Silver series (not that I have read all the series).

Synopsis (Fantastic Fiction)

Martin Brand's relatives are furious that he's left his large estate to his niece, Marion, whom he had only met once. And Marion is upset that she has to share her new home with Martin's family. Then a body is found on the beach wearing her coat. Fortunately Miss Silver is on the scene.


THROUGH THE WALL was published in 1950. The series was already 22 years old and would continue for another 11 years.

Patricia Wentworth (1878 - 1961) published her first book in 1910 and the last in 1961. She was born in India and after writing several romances turned her hand to crime. She wrote dozens of bestselling mysteries before her death, and was recognised as one of the mistresses of classic crime.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - Some of the Miss Silver mysteries are really quite good. I'm glad you featured one.

Peggy Ann said...

51 years of writing! I have read several of the Miss Silver books. Nice comfort reads. Enjoyed them very much.

Bev Hankins said...

I loved this one! I have a whole slew of quotes collected from it--so I know it was good (I read it about 20 years ago too--back before blog write-ups).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin