I launched this poll a fortnight ago, asking whether many people were like me, compulsive list makers.
You can see from the results that I am certainly not alone.
In their comments, masny of the blog followers confessed that while they made lists, they, like me, didn't always follow them.
The reasons for making lists were varied
- books to participate in a specific meme
- books to take to the library, to the bookshop, or to search for online
- to track favourite authors and interesting new authors
- books to acquire and books already read
- "buy later" lists
- books to bring variety into reading, to prevent falling into a "rut"