I've written a variety of different posts this week, but only one book review.
Six years ago I created a Yahoo discussion group called oz_mystery_readers.
On Monday it turned 6 so that was really my big celebration for the week.
Postings in the last week
- How Many Books did you read in 2008?
I've set up a poll so visitors can record how many books they read in 2008.
- Weekly Geeks 2009-6: What's in a Name?
This week's challenge is about names and what they mean. My post is about the meaning of my name and how it is so not me, but I also talk about what Dorte told me about the main characters of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO.
- Striking Covers
About a style of book covers we rarely see these days.
- Australianisms, Australian language in use
Puzzled by the Australian language? Baffled by Strine in use?The information here may help.
- Review: DEADLY WATERS, Pauline Rowson
This is the fourth title in Pauline Rowson's "marine" mysteries. The problems I had in focussing on the plot of this book may perhaps be attributable to the fact that I have not read earlier titles.
- My blog according to Wordle
Have you tried Wordle out? A little tool to play with.
- Forgotten Books: VENOM HOUSE, Arthur Upfield
Did you know an Australian crime fiction author writing in the 1950s and 1960s had an Australian aborigine called Napoleon Bonaparte as his protagonist?
- What sort of blog do you write?
A tool that analyses your blog in Briggs Meyer terms with cute cartoons.
- The word "apache" in Agatha Christie
An example of the constantly evolving English language.
- now - THE MYSTERY OF THE BLUE TRAIN, Agatha Christie
- next - THE PYRAMID, Henning Mankell
- sometime soon - THE 19TH WIFE, David Ebershoff
- also listening to - CORDUROY MANSIONS, Alexander McCall Smith, ready for ch. 86
- in the car - AREA7, Matthew Reilly (up to disc 8/11)
- Leave a comment on this post
- Leave a rating on any of my posts
- Participate in my poll: How many books did you read in 2008?
- Find some online places to buy Australian crime fiction
- Find out about the Agatha Christie Reading Challenge.
- Use the menu bar at the top to leap off to a variety of other places such as Smik's Reviews, Blogs I'm Watching, Reviewer's Choice, my page on Library Thing, and more!