February is a short month, but I've managed to read and review 12 books:
- 4.7, THE LOW ROAD, Chris Womersley (26 Feb)
4.6, THE PYRAMID, Henning Mankell (22 Feb)
4.4, AREA 7, Matthew Reilly (21 Feb)
4.6, THE MYSTERY OF THE BLUE TRAIN, Agatha Christie (15 Feb)
4.2, DEADLY WATERS, Pauline Rowson (12 Feb)
4.3, FRIEND OF THE DEVIL, Peter Robinson (8 February)
4.5, THE CHALK CIRCLE MAN, Fred Vargas (7 February)
4.8, THE CRUELLEST MONTH, Louise Penny (7 February)
4.3, VALLEY OF THE LOST, Vicki Delany (7 February)
3.6, THE SUITCASE KILLINGS, Miles Tripp (6 February)
4.4, DEAD HEAT, Dick & Felix Francis (5 February)
4.2, DISCO FOR THE DEPARTED, Colin Cotterill (4 February)
4.4, THE RINGMASTER, Vanda Symon (3 February)
Poll closes: How many books did you read in 2008?
45 people participated in the poll.
It appears that the majority read 2 or less books a week in 2008
Many thanks if you were one of the participants.
You'll find this in the sidebar of this page.
This is a relatively straightforward one. It will run for the next 3 weeks.
The question is Do you write a blog? Your choices are
- Yes- one where I am the sole author
Yes - one where I share authorship
No - I don't have a blog
- now - A ROYAL PAIN, Rhys Bowen
- next - THE SEVEN DIALS MYSTERY, Agatha Christie
- in the car - PERFECTLY PURE AND GOOD, Frances Fyfield
- Weekly Geeks 2009-08: Crime Fiction & Social Issues
Crime Fiction writers do not write in a political or social vacuum. You can see social commentary in the writing of Henning Mankell and Agatha Christie.
- REVIEW: THE LOW ROAD, Chris Womersley
This book was the winner of the Ned Kelly Best first book award in 2008.
- Checking the value of your website
A new tool for checking the value of your website. DEmand was so great at one stage that the site was overwhelmed
- Forgotten Books: Who remembers Mary Stewart?
Another English author who wrote some great books.
- Scene of the Blog
An interesting meme being run at Kitling Books.
- Five Questions Interview
A set of personalised questions created for me by Dorte. Let me know if you would like me to ask you some similar questions.
- Review: THE PYRAMID, Henning Mankell
Back stories about Kurt Wallander.
- Your Blog is Fabulous Award
A kind award that I passed on to others.