13 July 2009

Re-reading books: SHATTER, Michael Robotham

I don't usually re-read books, but one of the online groups that I belong to, 4MA - reading group, is going to discuss Michael Robtham's SHATTER late in August, so I thought a little revision was in order.

Our car trip to Melbourne the weekend just gone presented an opportunity to listen to an unabridged recording excellently read by Sean Barrett.
If you'd like to listen to a sample from the first chapter then click on the link: rather disconcertingly it starts on page 2.

SHATTER was was my best read for 2008 and I'm happy to say that if I was reading it for the first time in 2009, it would still be at the top of my best reads list. SHATTER was shortlisted for the 2008 Ian Fleming Steel Dagger and this year Michael Robotham is also on the shortlist for the CWA Library Dagger

SHATTER has also been shortlisted for a Barry Award - the Barry Best British - to be decided at Bouchercon in October.

So, if you haven't read it yet, put it on your list. My rating is still 5.0

2 comments:

Bernadette said...

It's next on my TBR pile Kerrie.

Online books said...

I haven't read this book, actuaaly i am not habitual of reading books on crime frictions but now i will read it
thanks

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin