- Latest additions
- 2017 Reviews
- 2017 Reading Challenges Update
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge
- All Reviews
- Authors A-Z
- Aussie authors read in 2017 - 2015
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Reviews
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- 2015 Reviews
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
16 January 2010
How many books are you aiming to read this year?
You'll see, if you look at the Challenges that I am participating in, that among others, I am taking part in the 100+ Reading Challenge.
That is about 2 books a week.
Some weeks, particularly if I am travelling with long flights, I will read more than that, some weeks only one book or less.
I count in my records all books I "get through" - in the hand, audio, and on my Kindle. Since I have had this blog, begun just over 2 years ago, I have reviewed every book I've read in whatever format, and posted the reviews on my blog in Smik's Reviews.
I also have a journal that I record the title of the book, the author's name, and the date of completion in. I know that, since I began keeping this sort of record back in 1975, I have read 2,864 books. I wonder if I could make it to 3,000 by the end of this year? That would mean I have to read 136 books this year.
Well, I'm off to a flying start - so far I've read 7
Here is how many books I have managed to read in recent years:
2009 - 104
2007 - 124
2005 - 132
So that looks like an average of about 115 a year over the last 5 doesn't it? Perhaps 136 will be a bit of a stretch!
So what are you aiming at this year?
I've created a poll at the top of the side block where you can select a number range.
But I'd love if you'd leave a comment too.
Will you, like me, be restricting yourself to mainly one genre?
Do you read your books in a variety of formats?
Do you think you are a quick or slow reader?