3 December 2010

2011 Global Reading Challenge - commitment

If you are interested in expanding your reading horizons then the 2011 Global Reading Challenge should come under consideration.

You can choose 3 different levels: easy, medium, and expert.

The EASY level gives you the idea
Read one novel from each of these continents in the course of 2011:
  • Africa
  • Asia
  • Australasia
  • Europe
  • North America
  • South America (please include Central America where it is most convenient for you)
The Seventh Continent (here you can either choose Antarctica or your own ´seventh´ setting, eg the sea, the space, a supernatural/paranormal world, history, the future – you name it).

From your own continent: try to find a country, state or author that is new to you.

This year I participated in the 2010 Global Reading Challenge, and if you check my final post, you will see what I mean about expanding my reading horizons.

As I did this year, I think I will try for Expert level, and I will confine myself to crime fiction titles. So that will be 21 titles all from different countries (3 per continent). As it has been this year, I think there will be a real challenge in completing it.
I might make my "Seventh Continent" Historical mysteries - I like them, but I seem to need some encouragement to include them in my diet.

What has worked really well in 2010 has been the sharing of titles so that you got some tips about books to look for.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin