6 February 2011

Sunday Salon - 5 Feb 2011: Home is where the books are


Have you ever gone into someone's house and wondered where the books are?
No such problem in my house.

Book cases line the passages and there really is no room except for the laundry, bathroom and toilet that has no books.

And it seems that the books keep beckoning their friends in.

Those from the library and those on TBR call the loudest, and I know I shouldn't borrow or buy any more. And yet just today I bought 2nd hand another 3 Agatha Christie titles at a local market.
Review books positively shriek to be read.

We've got to the stage where there is literally no more room in the shelves and the books are arranging themselves on tables and even in piles on the floor. New books are always welcome though.

What I've posted about this week:
Headlines & News
Looking for Australian crime fiction? Check out Fair Dinkum Crime.

Coming this week: tomorrow Crime Fiction Alphabet explores the letter E.

5 comments:

Margaret @ BooksPlease said...

Hey, Kerrie - your house sounds like mine - books line my entrance hallway and are in every room, (except the bathroom and utility room). I wouldn't have it any other way.

I really don't understand people with no books. When we were house-hunting space for books was an essential and so many people just didn't have any!!

bermudaonion said...

I think my boy books and girl books get together when I'm not looking and reproduce!

Mason Canyon said...

I'm glad to hear other people have books in every room. I can't help myself either. I know I don't need any more books, but I think just one more won't hurt. :)

Mason
Thoughts in Progress

Dorte H said...

YES, I have - and whenever I am in a living-room without book shelves, I feel strangely misplaced. What is there to look at when there are pauses in the conversation?

kathy d. said...

Books everywhere is the right decor. I think I'd be suspicious of people without bookshelves filled with books. Like who are these people?

I've got floor to ceiling bookcases, and about five years ago, I weeded out books which I'd read and won't reread, and which are not favorites or family treasures.

Then I piled them into a cart and donated them to the library. There's also a nice shop nearby which sells lots of items, including books, for charitable purposes. So the next culling of books will go to that store.

But I do keep favorites and gift books, and those which belonged to family members.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin