15 December 2011

Forgotten Book: THE UNDER DOG, Agatha Christie

This is my contribution this week to Pattinase's Friday's Forgotten Books.
It just happens to be what I am currently reading. It was kindly sent to me by Bev at My Reader's Block.
This post is not a review, that will come in a day or two.

Synopsis from the Christie website:

The Under Dog and Other Stories contains works from the early days of Christie's career, all featuring Hercule Poirot.
All the stories were published in British and American magazines between 1923 and 1926.
The title story appeared in book form in England for the first time in the 1960 collection, The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding.
The other stories were to appear again in 1974 in the British and American collections, Poirot's Early Cases.

Not published in the UK, this short story collection contains:
The Under Dog,
The Plymouth Express,
The Affair at the Victory Ball,
The Market Basing Mystery,
The King of Clubs,
The Submarine Plans,
The Adventure of the Clapham Cook,
The Cornish Mystery,
The LeMesurier Inheritance.

The edition sent to me by Bev was published in 1971 by Dell.

The little green book
Friday's Forgotten Books. is taking a 3 week break and so my contributions will resume on the 3rd Thursday of January 2012. Patti Abbott tells me the meme has been running for four years now. I haven't been contributing all that time, but my stats tell me this is my 159th post with this label, and that my first was at the beginning of August 2008.

The majority of my contributions have come from my "little green book", a rather dilapidated affair dating back to 1975 in which I have recorded 3152 titles, authors and dates of completion.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - Oh, this is a good 'un! I'm glad that you featured it!

Nan said...

I just read The Underdog in the Christmas Pudding collection. Odd, but good little psychological story, isn't it?

George said...

I did a Christie book this week for FFB, too! You can check out AGATHA CHRISTIE'S SECRET NOTEBOOKS at www.georgekelley.org

Yankee Cowboy said...

I have the Audio book read by David Suchet. Its a wonderful, compelling story and Suchet does an incredible job with it.

And like you I keep a written record of what books I've read. In my case it started in the mid 1990's. I also include the year the book was originally published and the page count.

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

I love your records in the little green book!! I've been keeping my records since 2007 and wish I had done it sooner, its great to see what I've read and trying to figure out if I've read a book yet.

I've been making my way through the Agatha Christie novels, but haven't started the short stories but want to soon.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin