29 May 2012

Crime Fiction Alphabet 2012 - Letter B is for the BOY IN THE SUITCASE

I've decided that for my participation in the Crime Fiction Alphabet in 2012 I will highlight recently read books or their authors.
So they'll all come from my 2012 Reviews.
At least that's the plan.

Today's highlight is THE BOY IN THE SUITCASE by Lena Kaarbol & Agnete Friis which I rated at 4.8.

Here's the Amazon plot summary:
Nina Borg, a Red Cross nurse, wife, and mother of two, is a compulsive do-gooder who can't say no when someone asks for help—even when she knows better. When her estranged friend Karin leaves her a key to a public locker in the Copenhagen train station, Nina gets suckered into her most dangerous project yet. Inside the locker is a suitcase, and inside the suitcase is a three-year-old boy: naked and drugged, but alive.

My full review can be found here.
Click on the cover image to go to Amazon to read an extract.

Have you noticed that both of my CFA choices so far have been translated Nordic books? - if my Danish friends will allow me to lump THE BOY IN THE SUITCASE in with those of Scandinavian origin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - An excellent choice for B, I think. I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as you did. I agree it's a terrific story and there is a lot to think about in it.

Unknown said...

I've heard of this book. The cover is haunting.

Dorte H said...

Haha. Yes, this one is definitely Scandinavian - which I am very proud of.

srivalli said...

I keep hearing about this book. Adding it to my TBR.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin