- Latest additions
- 2016 Reviews
- All Reviews
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- Aussie authors read in 2016 & 2015
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- 2015 Reviews
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
9 April 2013
Crime Fiction Alphabet 2013: A is for Ann Cleeves, DEAD WATER
Following a pattern established in 2012, my contributions to the Crime Fiction Alphabet in 2013 will feature authors or books that I have read recently.
And my contribution for the letter A is a book I have only just finished and reviewed, DEAD WATER by Ann Cleeves. I guess the A is actually featuring Ann herself rather than the book.
Some readers will remember that Ann is the author of the Shetland Quartet, four novels that centred around Jimmy Perez. Each novel is set in a season, and the series enedd with a terrible blow for Jimmy that left the readers gasping. But Jimmy is back as you'll see from my review.
Ann Cleeves has grown in stature in the crime fiction world in the last few years with many people drawn to her writing through the successful TV series VERA, featuring that very scruffy detective Vera Stanhope whom I've always thought was a bit like a female version of Reginald Hill's Andy Dalziel.
Check what others have chosen for the letter A.