- Latest additions
- 2018 Reading Challenges
- 2018 Reviews
- All Reviews - from May 2017
- Aussie authors read in 2018 - 2015
- Authors A-Z
- 2017 Reviews
- 2017 Reading Challenges Update
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge
- All Reviews
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Reviews
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- 2015 Reviews
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
9 April 2013
Crime Fiction Alphabet 2013: A is for Ann Cleeves, DEAD WATER
Following a pattern established in 2012, my contributions to the Crime Fiction Alphabet in 2013 will feature authors or books that I have read recently.
And my contribution for the letter A is a book I have only just finished and reviewed, DEAD WATER by Ann Cleeves. I guess the A is actually featuring Ann herself rather than the book.
Some readers will remember that Ann is the author of the Shetland Quartet, four novels that centred around Jimmy Perez. Each novel is set in a season, and the series enedd with a terrible blow for Jimmy that left the readers gasping. But Jimmy is back as you'll see from my review.
Ann Cleeves has grown in stature in the crime fiction world in the last few years with many people drawn to her writing through the successful TV series VERA, featuring that very scruffy detective Vera Stanhope whom I've always thought was a bit like a female version of Reginald Hill's Andy Dalziel.
Check what others have chosen for the letter A.