Perhaps the only place I could have done "better" was in South America, where I have 2 novels from Brazil - one translated, and one in English.
Blog site: 2013 Global Reading Challenge
I've also created an image to show where I've travelled.
create your own visited country map
- 4.7, KINGDOM OF STRANGERS, Zoe Ferraris (Saudi Arabia) - not Africa, see comment below
- 4.4, SHADOW OF THE ROCK, Thomas Mogford (Tangiers)
- 5.0, DEADLY HARVEST, Michael Stanley (Botswana)
- 4.9, SILENT VALLEY, Malla Nunn (South Africa)
- 4.6, INSPECTOR SINGH INVESTIGATES: A DEADLY CAMBODIAN CRIME SPREE, Shamini Flint (Cambodia)
- 4.5, GHOST MONEY, Andrew Nette (Thailand, Cambodia)
- 3.7, BAMBOO AND BLOOD, James Church (Korea)
- 4.9, BLACKWATERCREEK, Geoffrey McGeachin (Australia)
- COLD GRAVE, Kathryn Fox (Australia - on cruise boat)
- 4.9, CAPTURED, Neil Cross (New Zealand author)
I can count separate Australian states.
- 4.5, TUESDAY'S GONE, Nicci French (Britain)
- 4.4, ANOTHER TIME, ANOTHER LIFE, Leif GW Persson (Sweden)
- 4.3, ANNA MARKLIN'S FAMILY CHRONICLES, Dorte Hummelshoj Jakobsen (Denmark)
- 4.8, GONE GIRL, Gillian Flynn (America)
- 4.0, MURDER IN A BASKET, Amanda Flower (Ohio)
- 4.9, THE BEAUTIFUL MYSTERY, Louise Penny (Canada)
- 4.6, BLACKOUT, Luiz Alfredo Garcia-Roza (Brazil)
- 4.6, THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES, Eduardo Sacheri (Argentina)
- 4.5, EVERY BITTER THING, Leighton Gage (Brazil)