15 October 2013

Launching a new USA Fiction Challenge - State by State in 2014

Ever thought you would like to read your way across America?

The USA Fiction Challenge asks you to do just that.

Read just one novel from each state - you choose whether the link is the setting or the author.

You choose whether you confine yourself to a particular genre or not.

Join the challenge using the Mr Linky provided on the site.

I'll be focussing my reading, as far as I can, on crime fiction titles.

This challenge is being managed by me and Col Keane from COL'S CRIMINAL LIBRARY.

We originally meant the challenge to run for the calendar year 2014, but there is really no reason why you can't sign up and get started now.
With 51 states trying to complete the challenge in 12 or 14 months will be some undertaking, and so you may prefer to regard it as an ongoing challenge to be completed when, and if, you can.

I have created a separate page for keeping my own challenge record, if you want to check how I'm going to do it.
I've decided to "backdate" my efforts to include the US books I've read this year.

4 comments:

Irene said...

Sounds like a fun challenge.

Anonymous said...

This does sound like a good 'un, Kerrie.

Mediations said...

I amy be late to this but have you seen this map? http://www.businessinsider.com/most-famous-book-set-in-every-state-map-2013-10

Kerrie said...

Many thanks Mediations. I will include that link in a Resources block on the site

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin