In 2012 I read 48, and in the year before I read 60, so I think I'm well on track to meet a target something like that.
By the end of June I had read 37 this year and now I'm up to 51, which is more than I read for the whole of 2012.
As my total list for 2013 is 109, this means that about one in every two books that I read is from a new-to-me author.
Included in the list here are some of not-crime-fiction books (NCF)
- 3.7, BAMBOO AND BLOOD, James Church
- 4.0, SNOW WHITE MUST DIE, Nele Neuhaus
- 4.8, PEOPLE OF THE BOOK, Geraldine Brooks (NCF)
- 5.0, THE LAST POLICEMAN, Ben H. Winters
- 4.4, SHORT SENTENCE: 10 stories of dastardly deeds, Parker Bilal et al
- 4.6, THE MADONNAS OF LENINGRAD, Debra Dean (NCF)
- 4.3, PAGO PAGO TANGO, John Enright
- 4.5, PRIMAL, D.A. Serra
- 4.5, BURIAL RITES, Hannah Kent (NCF)
- 4.6, THE SECRET IN THEIR EYES, Eduardo Sacheri
- 4.1, LORD JAMES HARRINGTON AND THE WINTER MYSTERY, Lynn Florkiewicz
- 4.6, GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS, Maggie Groff
- 3.8, THE DEVIL'S MOON, Peter Guttridge
- 5.0, CLOUDSTREET, Tim Winton (NCF)