19 January 2009

Euro Crime: Euro Crime reviewers' favourite reads of 2008

Euro Crime: Euro Crime reviewers' favourite reads of 2008

Karen asked a bunch of crime fiction addicts to list their top 5 reads for 2008.
The 15 of us are mainly people who have reviewed books in the last year for Euro Crime.
Only 5! It was very hard to choose.

It is interesting to compare this list with others I have been part of or seen.
I've marked those I've read. ***
You could do a lot worse than use this as a "reading syllabus".
All the ones I have marked *** are more than worth your attention, and I trust my fellow reviewers to recommend the others too.
4 votes:
Stieg Larsson - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo ***

3 votes:
Stuart MacBride - Flesh House
Yrsa Sigurdardottir - Last Rituals
Johan Theorin - Echoes from the Dead

2 votes:
Kate Atkinson - When will there be good news?***
Reginald Hill - A Cure for All Diseases ***
Arnaldur Indridason - Arctic Chill ***
Philip Kerr - A Quiet Flame
Jo Nesbo - Nemesis***
Michael Robotham - Shatter***
Helene Tursten - The Torso***
Fred Vargas - This Night's Foul Work***

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to reading that Larsson book.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin