I found it difficult to get into and even started again.
Most of you will know that I very rarely DNF a book, and so I looked for reasons why I was having a problem.
I came to the conclusion that the main reason was that I felt I was missing too much back story about the main investigator, and in particular his relationship with one of the other characters in an incident that had occurred some months before.
I knew that CITY OF VEILS was Zoe Ferraris' second book, so I thought the cure was probably to try to locate a copy of her first. It is not available on Kindle, but I eventually tracked it down at my library.
That was after I discovered it had been published under 2 titles.
The Night of the Mir'aj (2008)
aka Finding Nouf
The bonus: Macavity Awards First Novel nominee (2009) : The Night of the Mir'aj
And finally, why am I reading THE NIGHT OF THE MI'RAJ (aka FINDING NOUF) ?
- as part of the 2010 Global Reading Reading Challenge - where I have 5 books (out of 21) to go.
Here are my plans:
- BAIT, Nick Brownlee (Kenya) - Kindle
- ANARCHY AND OLD DOGS, Colin Cotterill (Laos)
- BEAT NOT THE BONES, Charlotte Jay (New Guinea)
- HAVANA BLACK, Leonardo Padura (Cuba)
- THE NIGHT OF THE MI'RAJ, Zoe Ferraris (Saudi Arabia)