- Latest additions
- 2016 Reviews
- All Reviews
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- Aussie authors read in 2016 & 2015
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- 2015 Reviews
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
27 October 2010
You know you're hooked when...
It's got to the stage where friends seeing me read a made-from-paper book feel compelled now to give me a gentle ribbing about "old" technology.
But in the last couple of days I've been aware of a couple of brain twists that show me the depth of my ensnarement in my Kindle.
Twice now I've looked for the little white toggle button that lets me look up a word meaning in the dictionary/thesaurus.
The problem is that what I have had in my hand is not my Kindle but the "old" technology, made-from-paper book that I'm currently reading.
Of course the other twist is, when you read about an interesting book, and you think "I wonder if Amazon has it", and before you know it your fingers have done the walking, and you are already on the brink of purchase.