- Latest additions
- 2017 Reviews
- 2017 Reading Challenges Update
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge
- All Reviews
- Authors A-Z
- Aussie authors read in 2017 - 2015
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Reviews
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- 2015 Reviews
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
31 October 2010
Weekly Geeks 2010 - 35: The books you waited too long to read
This weekend, Weekly Geeks host EH asks about books we have waited too long to read.
I think,in my case, this should be called the great book shuffle.
This is actually a game I play on a regular basis with my library.
I have several sources of books, and the library is one of the peaks in my TBR (to be read) mountain range.
My local library is very generous really: they allow me 20 books at a time, and each can be borrowed for a month. As the due date approaches I am able to go online and renew them if no-one else has requested them.
In reality I am never going to read 20 books in a month, considering the other book sources I am also juggling and shuffling.
The end result of all this shuffling is that often the ace in the pack gets moved out of the TBRN (to be read next) list and may even have to be returned to the library at least once unread.
That's what happened yesterday when I realised that my library copy of UNSEEN by Mari Jungstedt was 10 days overdue and had to go back if I was to be allowed to renew some of my other "holdings". AsI put it into my library bag I realised, a little uneasily, that this was the second time I had returned the book. Of course I have put it onto my request list yet again. I'll read it eventually.