25 November 2010

Forgotten Book: A PERFECT MATCH, Jill McGown

This week's contribution to Pattinase's Friday's Forgotten Books comes from my records of 1991.

Publisher's Blurb
A young woman is found murdered in a small English town, while the main suspect has spent the night drinking, and denies any involvement. It looks like an easily solved case for Detective Inspector Lloyd and Sergeant Judy Hill, but it soon proves more complex than they originally thought.

A PERFECT MATCH published in 1983 began a successful series for Jill McGown (1947-2007)
Lloyd and Hill
1. A Perfect Match (1983)
2. Redemption (1988)
     aka Murder At the Old Vicarage
3. Death of a Dancer (1989)
     aka Gone to Her Death
4. The Murders of Mrs Austin and Mrs Beale (1991)
5. The Other Woman (1992)
6. Murder... Now and Then (1993)
7. A Shred of Evidence (1995)
8. Verdict Unsafe (1996)
9. Plots and Errors (1999)
10. Picture of Innocence (1998)
11. Scene of Crime (2001)
12. Births, Deaths and Marriages (2002)
     aka Death in the Family
13. Unlucky for Some (2004)

In addition to this series McGown wrote 5 other novels, one writing as Elizabeth Chaplin.
Fantastic Fiction suggests that readers of Jill McGown will also like novels by
Sharyn McCrumb
Deborah Crombie
Michael McGarrity
Peter Robinson
Val McDermid
Ann Granger
G A McKevett
Leslie Meier
Marianne MacDonald
Carolyn Hart
M C Beaton
Jill Churchill
Laura Childs
Elizabeth George
Ian Rankin

5 comments:

Jose Ignacio Escribano said...

A very interesting discovery Kerrie. Thank you for sharing this informaciĆ³n.

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - A fine choice for Forgotten Books :-). I admit I haven't read this one, but you reminded me of the series and I appreciate that. I'm going to have to see if I can find one of those....

pattinase (abbott) said...

I think I read everyone of her books. Thanks for reminding me.

Evan Lewis said...

Sheesh. Not only am I stranger to McGown, but to every other author on that list.

Deb said...

I'm sorry to learn that McGown has passed away--and not at a very great age either. I think I've read all of the books in her Lloyd/Hill series--they're quite good, with some very interesting twists along the way. (If you haven't read any of them before, I recommend trying to read them in order because Lloyd & Hill's relationship grows over the course of the books.)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin