2 November 2010

What I read in October

11 books this month - must be the extra day :-)
5 were on my Kindle, which is I suppose a measure of how useful I'm finding it.
3 were Agatha Christie short story collections.
No Australian authors this time unfortunately.

  1. 4.4, DISCOUNT NOIR, edited Patricia Abbott & Steve Weddle (30 October) - Kindle
  2. 4.8, THE NIGHT OF THE MI'RAJ, Zoe Ferraris (28 October)
  3. 4.3, THE MAMMOTH BOOK OF BEST BRITISH CRIME 7, 2010, edit.Maxim Jakubowski (24 October) - Kindle
  4. 4.6, NECESSARY AS BLOOD, Deborah Crombie (14 October)
  5. 4.4, WHILE THE LIGHT LASTS, Agatha Christie (12 October) - Kindle
  6. 4.5, FEAR THE WORST, Linwood Barclay (11 October)
  7. 4.3, THE LABOURS OF HERCULES, Agatha Christie (10 October)- Kindle
  8. 4.3, THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN, Mitch Albom (5 Oct)
  9. 5.0, BLACKLANDS, Belinda Bauer (4 Oct) - Kindle
  10. 4.1, MISS MARPLE: COMPLETE SHORT STORIES, Agatha Christie (2 Oct)
  11. 4.0, SINGLE & SINGLE, John Le Carre - audio (1 Oct)
My pick of the month was book 100 for the year: BLACKLANDS by Belinda Bauer.
In my review I wrote: It is not often that the suspense in a book literally gets to me, but BLACKLANDS almost gave me palpitations at the end. I really can't reveal any more, other than to highly recommend this debut novel.

1 comment:

Gavin said...

I am excited. I just brought Blacklands home from the library.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin