- Latest additions
- 2016 Reviews
- All Reviews
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- Aussie authors read in 2016 & 2015
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- 2015 Reviews
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
27 January 2011
Forgotten Book - THE NOMINATIVE CASE, Edward Mackin
Edward Mackin is better known as Ralph McInerny, the author of the popular Father Dowling mystery series, who taught for over forty years at the University of Notre Dame, where he was the director of the Jacques Maritain Center. He was awarded the Bouchercon Lifetime Achievement Award, and was a member of the President's Committee on the Arts and Humanities. In fact I wrote about one of his Father Dowling books, SLEIGHT OF HAND, in a Forgotten Books post in late 2010. Wikepdia contributes: Some of his fiction has appeared under the pseudonyms of Harry Austin, Matthew FitzRalph, Ernan Mackey, Edward Mackin, and Monica Quill.
I have been able to find little out about THE NOMINATIVE CASE however, which is listed by Fantastic Fiction as one in a considerable list of "Novels". Published in 1990 it looks like it may have been the only title he wrote as Edward Mackin. Good Reads however also lists a novel called THE IRON APES published in 1986, but I suspect they may have confused two different authors.
I know a number of contributors to Friday's Forgotten books were readers of the Father Dowling series, but has anybody read this one, or even better, have it on their shelves? A plot abstract would be great.