25 March 2013

Progress Report on Canadian Reading Challenge

This is the third year (maybe 4th??) I think that I have participated in the Canadian Reading Challenge hosted by John Mutford at The Book Mine Set.

The Canadian Book Challenge is an online reading challenge in which participants from Canada and around the world aim to read and review 13 or more Canadian books in a one year span: Canada Day to Canada Day. Reviews must be posted online and participants are asked to share links to their reviews with other participants. 

The Challenge begins 1 July and this year is the 6th Challenge.

I doubt that I will get to 13 books this year, although I have in the past.
At present, I'm on 6 which is YELLOW PEA SOUP level - all the levels this year are Canadian flavourings and products.

Here are my books so far
  1. 4.3, CHALK VALLEY, Dan Johnstone
  2. 4.2, ASIA HAND, Christopher G. Moore
  3. 4.9, THE BEAUTIFUL MYSTERY, Louise Penny
  4. 4.7, I AM HALF-SICK OF SHADOWS, Alan Bradley
  5. 4.3, THE CORPSE WITH THE SILVER TONGUE, Cathy Ace 
  6. 4.7, WATCHING THE DARK, Peter Robinson 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - You've made some real progress. I have a lot of respect for people like yourself who do these challenges...

TracyK said...

I did not even know that there were levels... other than just read 13. I went back and looked at the site and now I see them. I am at that level too. But since it is my first year I am going to push myself to get to 13.

Bill Selnes said...

Kerrie: You read so much it would not surprise me if you found a way to meet the challenge.

Cathy Ace said...

Kerrie - as one of the Canadian authors you've read this year I'd like to say a big THANK YOU for keeping Canadian mysteries in the minds of so many. You're right, Canada Day isn't so far off...but I'm betting you'll squeeze in a few more. Happy Reading!

Debra Wilson said...

Also didn't realize there were levels! I'll check that out. And Kerrie, thanks for some "new" Canadian authors that this Canuck didn't know about.

John Mutford said...

I love when people pick a theme to do the challenge. Also, six is a good number, but I think you reach the 13. If I had pom-pops, I'd be waving them in the air to cheer you on!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin