Some of them I should have read long ago, while others are newly published. As far as I was concerned, only one was a dud.
Many of them I would like to read more of.
The 14 listed below bring my count for the year to 45, which is just under half of the number of books I have read so far this year.
There are four Australian authors in the list. **
- 4.5, BLOOD REDEMPTION, Alex Palmer - Aussie author **
- 4.6, THE SINS OF THE FATHERS, Lawrence Block - first in the Matt Scudder series
- 4.6, THE ICE TWINS, S.K. Tremayne
- 4.4, WYCLIFFE AND THE DUNES MYSTERY, W.J. Burley - from Mt TBR
- 4.7, SILENT SCREAM, Angela Marsons - British author
- 5.0, THE GHOSTS OF ALTONA, Craig Russell - winner of Scottish crime fiction prize
- 4.2, AUNT BESSIE BELIEVES, Diana Xarissa - cozy set on Isle of Man
- 4.5, SUMMERTIME, ALL THE CATS ARE BORED, Philippe Georget
- 4.8, THE BANK INSPECTOR, Roger Monk - Aussie author, set in Adelaide **
- 4.0, A TRIFLE DEAD, Livia Day - female Aussie author, set in Hobart **
- 5.0, THE SILENCE OF THE SEA, Yrsa Sigurðardóttir - translated, winner of Petrona Award 2015