|Pick of the Month Sept 2015|
It covered quite a range of the crime fiction genre.
- 4.5, BLOOD REDEMPTION, Alex Palmer - Aussie author
- 3.8, THREE-CARD MONTE, Marco Malvaldi - translated
- 4.6, THE SINS OF THE FATHERS, Lawrence Block - first in the Matt Scudder series
- 4.6, THE ICE TWINS, S.K. Tremayne
- 4.5, THE GHOST FIELDS, Elly Griffiths - audio book
- 4.8, THE SECRET PLACE, Tana French
- 4.4, WYCLIFFE AND THE DUNES MYSTERY, W.J. Burley - from Mt TBR
- 4.4, GIVE A CORPSE A BAD NAME, Elizabeth Ferrars - Vintage Golden Age fiction
- 4.7, SILENT SCREAM, Angela Marsons - British author
- 5.0, THE GHOSTS OF ALTONA, Craig Russell - winner of Scottish crime fiction prize
- 4.2, AUNT BESSIE BELIEVES, Diana Xarissa - cozy set on Isle of Man
Jan Fabel is a haunted man.
Head of the Polizei Hamburg's Murder Commission, Fabel has dealt with the dead for nearly two decades, but when a routine enquiry becomes a life-threatening - and life-changing - experience, he finds himself on much closer terms with death than ever before.
Two years later, Fabel's first case at the Murder Commission comes back to haunt him: Monika Krone's body is found at last, fifteen years after she went missing. Monika - ethereally beautiful, intelligent, cruel - was the centre of a group of students obsessed with the gothic. Fabel re-opens the case. What happened that night, when Monika left a party and disappeared into thin air?
When men involved with Monika start turning up dead, Fabel realizes he is looking for a killer with both a hunger for revenge and a taste for the gothic. What he doesn't know is that someone has been aiding and grooming a deranged escapee as his own, personal tool for revenge.
A truly gothic monster to be let loose on the world.
Winner of the Scottish Crime Novel of the Year 2015
Read a free chapter here
I was very pleased to renew my acquaintance with Jan Fabel.
Check what others have chosen for their Pick of the Month.