10 May 2009

Sunday Salon - 10 May 2009

Mother's Day 2009.
Reactions to Reading has a great post about what she owes to her mother - her love of reading.
We are off to Port Elliot today for lunch, so this post will be short.

This week I have managed to cut down the number of posts, one of my recent decisions when I found I was getting close to 2 a day.
I done a bit of serious work too on the appearance of my blog and would appreciate your thoughts.
There is an ongoing poll for you to participate in if you are a blogger.

This week's posts
BREAKING NEWS:
Where to find me:
Currently reading
  • now - THE WRITING CLASS, Jincy Willett
  • next - THE POISONING IN THE PUB, Simon Brett
  • in the car - SHATTERED, Gabrielle Lord
Project: Collaborations in Paradise

The project is still continuing. Join nearly 20 people writing a short story collaboratively. The story is meant to be crime fiction, has opening lines written by last year's Ned Kelly Award winner, Michael Robotham, but various authors have contributed some really quirky bits. However there is nothing to stop you from introducing romance, a vampire or two, a car chase, a bit of history etc. You get my drift?

6 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I find that I am posting more of memes and other stuff than reviews. Out of my lost 663 posts, I had around 250 reviews. Not even half! That was a shock!

Interacting, networking is ok, but somewhere down the line, we have stopped commenting on the review posts. That is indeed pathetic.

Kerrie said...

Did you have the reviews stored anywhere else Gautami? That's partly why I post them all to Library Thing as well, and I also have their bare bones in a database.

I'm interested in what you mean by "we have stopped commenting on review posts." I often read reviews by other bloggers but don't really leave meaningful comments very often on them.

Literary Feline said...

I hope you have a nice lunch, Kerrie!

I admit that I was surprised you read The Shack, but after reading your thoughts on it, I can see why you tried. For awhile there, every time I went into the bookstore, I was drawn to the cover, but always ended up putting it back down after reading the synopsis. It is a bit misleading, I agree. And then I started following the reviews of the book. I actually find the reviews the most interesting--The Shack is one of those books that has garnered much in the way of praise as well as passionate criticism. It's not a book I will likely ever read, however.

I was also eager to read your review of Charles Todd's book. Charles Todd has been an author I have wanted to try for some time now. I hadn't realized Charles Todd was a mother and son team.

I do like the changes you have made to your blog.

Have a great week!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I love to read reviews by other bloggers, other readers. I always come away with new titles for my wishlist at Amazon.

Kerrie said...

Literary Feline, I enjoyed the Charles Todd book I listened a couple of weeks ago and am looking forward to this one, even if I am reading them out of order which is a pity. I also have a couple of paperbacks from the library on the shelves.

Kerrie said...

DebNance thanks for your dropping in, and for your thoughts. I'm never at a loss for something to read either.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin