8 March 2010

Review: THE MARATHON MURDERS, Chester D. Campbell

I read THE MARATHON MURDERS (publ. 2008) on my Kindle

Blurb
Did Sydney Liggett, assistant treasurer of Marathon Motor Works in Nashville, skip town in 1914 with embezzled funds, or was he framed and murdered? That's the question PI's Greg and Jill McKenzie are hired to answer when 90-year-old documents found during restoration of the company’s buildings disappear. They discover the contractor who had them has been murdered. As they follow the twisting path, more bodies are found and they fear their client, Liggett’s great-great-granddaughter, may be next.

ISBN 9780979916717

Although there are at least 3 nasty murders and some tricky situations for husband and wife team Greg and Jill, I found THE MARATHON MAN a fairly light read.
I have mentally put it into the category of geezer lit which means that is you are under about 60 you may not want to read it. Check out other geezer lit.
Greg and Jill, in their 60s, have been married for 40 years, and have only been working as private investigators since Greg's retirement. This is apparently their 4th adventure.



More about elderly author Chester D. Campbell can be found on his website.

My rating: 4.1

4 comments:

Dorte H said...

What a cool cover! Very tempting.

BooksPlease said...

Looks good to me. I like that category - "geezer lit".

Chester Campbell said...

Thanks for the review, Kerrie. I'm currently winding up work on book five of the McKenzie series. Just so you'll know, I have lots of fans under 60, but I'll take 'em at any age. I started a new series last year with The Surest Poison, featuring a little younger (59) PI that is a bit harder edged. Glad to find another reader in Australia. I have a brother who lives there.

Kerrie said...

How nice of you to comment Chester. Just for the record I am 64. Will I be able to get the new book as an e-book?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin