- Latest additions
- 2016 Reviews
- All Reviews
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- Aussie authors read in 2016 & 2015
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- 2015 Reviews
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
11 March 2010
Do you have to be old to write?
Some commenters on this poll told me that they hadn't realised how old their favourite author was.
Nearly 20% of participants couldn't find out how old their author was, another 20% of the authors were deceased, and, most notably, only 3 of the remaining authors were under 40.
Jose commented It seems that you have to be older than 40 for people to read your books, no matter when you wrote them.
One of the things I have noticed recently is a tendency by female authors in particular to use impossibly young photos. I recently worked out an author was over 40 and the photo looked much younger than that. Why do they do that?