24 April 2010

Weekly Geeks 2010-14: Reading Globally

This week's Weekly Geeks Challenge asks us to talk about our experiences in Reading Globally.

One of the challenges that I have joined this year is the 2010 Global Reading Challenge and I'm well on the way to achieving Expert Level (14 books each from 2 continents including Antarctica). I am currently reading my 11th challenge book.

I've imposed my own rules:
* each book must be linked to a different country

* each book must be crime fiction.

When I complete a  new title, I review it then write a Challenge Update. You can find my updates here. I have found a map that enables me to record my progress. You have to imagine Antarctica.

Join the challenge here.



create your own visited country map

I often read translated crime fiction, so in 2009 I participated in the Lost in Translation Reading Challenge and that post also lists a number of other translated crime fiction books that I had read to that point in 2009.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie - I admire what you're doing with this challenge, and all of the others you're committed to meeting. I'm very much enjoying your challenge updates, too (and adding to my TBR list, naturally).

Kerrie said...

Challenges feel as if they had a bit of organisation to my reading Margot.

pussreboots said...

Wow! What an interesting twist you've given the challenge. My WG is here.

gautami tripathy said...

I have stopped doing challenges!

Weekly Geeks: Global Reading

Care said...

I joined this challenge also but have yet to get started. Usually I'm good about reading books set in or from other countries but so far this year, I've been very US-UK focused. I better get going. Thanks for the reminder.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin