These were my resolutions on New Year's Eve
- take all those library books back and be more restrained in my borrowing in future.
- Reduce Mount TBR
- be a lot more restrained in my purchasing
- Cull and dispose of those books that I'll never read again.
I've been a little more restrained in the library borrowing, but even so often have a dozen or so library books hanging around.
No success at all in reducing TBR - it just seems to draw books to itself! although I have read a few.
I have bought almost no "made-from-paper" books this year, but the Kindle is another story.
I had to resort to disconnecting my account from my credit card to curtail my impulse buying.
The culling project is still to happen but I am determined it will.
I joined a number of reading challenges at the beginning of the year.
I have read 82 books so far this year so am doing pretty well in most challenges and should complete them all..
I have a full listing at Reading Challenges Update but here is a summary
- Agatha Christie Reading Challenge 6/12, currently reading #7
- Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge: aiming for 142+ currently 82
- Historical Fiction Challenge 8/10
- British Books Challenge 12/12 - completed at Royal Family Level.
Now attempting to earn a Crown (50 books) - 13/38
- e-book challenge 32/100 - completed at 20, now aiming for 100
- Nordic Challenge 2011 9/20
- Aussie Author Challenge 10/12
- Ireland Reading Challenge 1/4
- Cruisin' thru Cozies Reading Challenge 14/13+
- 2011 Vintage Mystery Reading Challenge 5/9
- 2011 Global Reading Challenge 18/21
- Canadian Book Challenge 7/7 - Completed
- translated, currently 14
- New Zealand, currently 2
- new to me: currently 34
Each month I have managed to publish a list of the books that I have read.
I have also chosen a pick of the month each time. All of these are books that have received a rating of 5.