We reached mid-year this week and so in one of my posts I checked my progress against my New Year's resolutions and the challenges I've joined.
Mid year stocktake
Another post invites you to tell us about your best crime fiction reads so far this year. Best Crime Fiction Reads 2011: mid way report
I have decided to follow the very successful Crime Fiction Alphabet Reading Challenge up this year with a new challenge: Crime Fiction on a EuroPass
These challenges don't necessarily involve participants in new reading for the challenge itself (although a list of books that you'd like to read could be a result), but allow you to point to books you've already read, or reviews you've already written, or to dabble in a bit of research.
Although the challenge relates to crime fiction reading, you don't have to be a crime fiction addict like I am to participate. Crime Fiction on a EuroPass begins on August 1. The blog post has a Mr Linky where you can sign up.
Check out the countries we'll visit in the 12 week schedule.
Other blog posts in the last week:
- Review: ONE, TWO, BUCKLE MY SHOE, Agatha Christie
- What I read in June 2011
- Review: A GRAVE IN THE COTSWOLDS, Rebecca Tope
- Forgotten Book: A GREAT DELIVERANCE, Elizabeth George
- Review: MORTAL REMAINS, Kathy Reichs - audio
- Review: THE KILLER'S ART, Mari Jungstedt
- Crime Fiction Alphabet - Suspect X
- Crime Fiction Alphabet 2011 - Letter X - week beginning 27 June
- Ned Kelly Awards to be announced 31 August
- shortlist for Theakstons Crime Novel of Year 2011
- 2011 Macavity Award nominations
- Top 10 female detectives
- Ngaio Marsh Award Longlist
- Tess Gerritsen & John Hart to appear at 2011 Ngaio Marsh Award event
- The Write to Read 2011 – A Crime Fiction auction
- Reading challenges: Like a triathlon, but with books
- Mystery Women: An Encyclopedia of Leading Women Characters in Mystery Fiction
- next - WRONGFUL DEATH, Robert Dugoni
- next on Kindle - THE LOCK ARTIST, Steve Hamilton
- now on audio - STIFF UPPER LIP, P.G. Wodehouse
- next Agatha Christie: EVIL UNDER THE SUN