- Latest additions
- 2016 Reviews
- All Reviews
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- Aussie authors read in 2016 & 2015
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- 2015 Reviews
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
1 July 2011
Best Crime Fiction Reads 2011: mid way report
What are the best crime fiction titles you've read in 2011?
So far this year I've read 82 books.
I review them all and have a record of them on 2011 Reviews
Over one third of the books I've read have scored a rating of 4.7 and above.
I don't think that is necessarily because I am generous in my ratings, but because I tend to read books I think I will like. Time is too short to spend it on books I know I will hate.
I base my selections on blurbs, listings for awards, and recommendations/reviews from fellow bloggers.
For my best reads so far in 2011 I have chosen books that I have given a rating of 4.8 or above. That gives a list of about 15 or so.
5.0, BURY YOUR DEAD, Louise Penny
5.0, THE WRECKAGE, Michael Robotham
5.0, A THOUSAND CUTS, Simon Lelic
5.0, DEAD TOMORROW, Peter James
4.8, THE HANGING WOOD, Martin Edwards
4.8, KEEPER OF LOST CAUSES, Jussi Adler-Olsen
4.8, AN UNCERTAIN PLACE, Fred Vargas
4.8, COLD JUSTICE, Katherine Howell
4.8, THE LEOPARD, Jo Nesbo
4.8, CROOKED LETTER, CROOKED LETTER, Tom Franklin
4.8, BOUND, Vanda Symon
4.8, SILENT VOICES, Ann Cleeves
4.8, THE SWEETNESS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PIE, Alan Bradley
I am interested in knowing what your best crime fiction reads so far this year have been.
Please list up to 15 of them in a comment. I will collate the lists and publish in a later post (on about July 15)
If you'd like to use my logo in a post on your own blog, please feel free to do so, as well as providing a link back to this post.