- Latest additions
- 2018 Reading Challenges
- 2018 Reviews
- All Reviews - from May 2017
- Aussie authors read in 2018 - 2015
- Authors A-Z
- 2017 Reviews
- 2017 Reading Challenges Update
- 2017 Global Reading Challenge
- All Reviews
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Reviews
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- 2015 Reviews
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
18 September 2012
Crime Fiction Alphabet: R is for Ruth Rendell
Continuing with my decision to feature books I've read this year, then my choice for the letter R is Ruth Rendell.
This year I've read THE VAULT which led me to search out and re-read an earlier book THE BEST MAN TO DIE.
I've also read A SIGHT FOR SORE EYES
Next time I use my Kindle, I plan to read her latest, - THE SAINT ZITA SOCIETY.
Rendell has been a firm favourite ever since I "discovered" her 40 years ago.
In THE VAULT written in 2011, Reg Wexford has retired and at rather a loose end. He decides to take up an offer of being an unpaid serious crimes adviser thinking it will add meaning to his life. See more, including reference to the connection with THE BEST MAN TO DIE. written in 1969.
See what others have chosen for letter R.