- Latest additions
- 2015 Reviews
- All Reviews
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2015 Global Reading Challenge
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Aussie authors read in 2015
- Agatha Christie Novels
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
18 September 2012
Crime Fiction Alphabet: R is for Ruth Rendell
Continuing with my decision to feature books I've read this year, then my choice for the letter R is Ruth Rendell.
This year I've read THE VAULT which led me to search out and re-read an earlier book THE BEST MAN TO DIE.
I've also read A SIGHT FOR SORE EYES
Next time I use my Kindle, I plan to read her latest, - THE SAINT ZITA SOCIETY.
Rendell has been a firm favourite ever since I "discovered" her 40 years ago.
In THE VAULT written in 2011, Reg Wexford has retired and at rather a loose end. He decides to take up an offer of being an unpaid serious crimes adviser thinking it will add meaning to his life. See more, including reference to the connection with THE BEST MAN TO DIE. written in 1969.
See what others have chosen for letter R.