- Latest additions
- 2016 Reviews
- All Reviews
- 2016 Reading Challenges Update
- 2016 Good Reading projects
- 2016 Vintage Cover Scavenger Hunt
- Authors A-Z
- USA Fiction Challenge 2014-
- Vintage Mystery BINGO 2015
- 2016-2014 Global Reading Challenge
- Aussie authors read in 2016 & 2015
- 2015 Reading Challenges Update
- Agatha Christie Novels
- 2015 Authors A to Z Reading Challenge!
- Agatha Christie Short Stories
- 2014 Reading Challenges Update
- Reviews 2012, 2013, 2014
- 2015 Reviews
- Reviews: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011
- 2012 & 2011 Reading Challenges Update
- 2013 Reading Challenges Update
- 2012 Global Reading Challenge
- 2013 Global Reading Challenge
- Crime Fiction Alphabet
13 November 2012
Crime Fiction Alphabet 2012: Z is for Zita and Zero
It never occurred to me when I set up the Crime Fiction Alphabet me this year and decided that for the meme this year I would try to feature books I've read in 2012 that I would have trouble with the letter Z.
No authors with Z in their name so I've had to be creative and I hope you'll forgive me.
So my choices are THE SAINT ZITA SOCIETY by Ruth Rendell and TOWARDS ZERO by Agatha Christie.
These are very different novels.
TOWARDS ZERO opens with a Prologue which introduces the concept of characters converging towards Zero Hour. There will be a point at which a murder MUST occur, and then there are two of them.
On the other hand, in THE SAINT ZITA SOCIETY the first death is an accident, the result of rage taking over, but this then leads to murder.
See what others have chosen for the final letter in the Crime Fiction Alphabet for 2012.