19 June 2013

Crime Fiction Alphabet 2013: K is for KINGDOM OF STRANGERS, Zoe Ferraris


Following a pattern established in 2012, my contributions to the Crime Fiction Alphabet in 2013 will feature authors or books that I have read recently.

My choice this week is KINGDOM OF STRANGERS by Zoe Ferraris

Synopsis (Amazon)


A secret grave is unearthed in the desert revealing the bodies of 19 women and the shocking truth that a serial killer has been operating undetected in Jeddah for more than a decade.

However, lead inspector Ibrahim Zahrani is distracted by a mystery closer to home. His mistress has suddenly disappeared, but he cannot report her missing since adultery is punishable by death. With nowhere to turn, Ibrahim brings the case to Katya, one of the few women in the police department. Drawn into both investigations, she must be increasingly careful to hide a secret of her own.

Portraying the lives of women in one of the most closed cultures in the world, award-winning author Zoƫ Ferraris weaves a tale of psychological suspense around an elusive serial killer and the sinister forces trafficking in human lives in Saudi Arabia..

See my review

This is the third in this series that I have read, and I think they all have been winners.

See what others have chosen for the letter K.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good choice, Kerrie. I like this series too.

Irene said...

Thanks Kerrie, I love a good mystery, thriller.

Vernita said...

This is cool!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin